- Prepare quarter-end entries and adjustments required for accurate financial statement reporting.
- Gather support documentation for financial packages.
- Coordinate closeout of jobs after year-end close.
- Support Assistant Controller with audit requests.
- Perform quarterly tie-out of subsidiary ledgers to general ledger.
- Coordinate and review Accountants’ preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting, e.g. billing, gross profit forecasting, job budgets.
Reporting and Analytics
- Validate and confirm project performance through analytical reporting.
- Gather data and prepare special analysis for Operations and Accounting to inform management decision-making.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Analyze accounts for proper GAAP treatment and recommend needed change.
- Test and provide data for possible process improvements.
- Work in partnership with Sr. Management to advocate best business practices.
- Work with Sr. Management to develop trend analysis.
- Mentor and advise Accountants to support work efficiencies.
- Offer resources and share knowledge on technical topics.
- Perform supervisory duties, including interviewing applicants for employment, assigning and reviewing progress of assignments, and managing performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and other accounting concepts and experience in their application.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Problem solver with analytical capabilities.
- Excellent communication and people skills required.
- Ability to lead by example and coach direct reports.
- Proactive in all functions; highly detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Proven track record of personal and professional accountability.
- 6+ years in accounting and construction industry.
- Well-rounded project experience.
- Understands the phases of a project.
- ERP troubleshooter.