- Energize Pankow’s brand and associated collateral to keep it fresh, relevant and accurate in connection with our Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Goals.
- Maintain Pankow’s brand identity and voice by overseeing the development and maintenance of all brand marketing efforts for both external and internal audiences.
- Potential to manage two or more team members.
People and Team
- Mentor Marketing and Communications staff.
- Ability to manage and align the Marketing and Communications staff to meet priorities of business including key partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Continuously improve and maintain proposal process and best practices with Culture and Communications, Planning Operations and Building Operations teams.
- Oversee all qualifications, proposal and presentation preparation activities; participate hands-on in the production of all qualifications, proposal and presentation deliverables to ensure a winning submittal.
- Ensure all proposals have consistent visual identity and on-point messaging, as determined by corporate-wide standards.
- Support project go/no-go decisions with department leadership; assess each potential pursuit in regard to its ability to meet the firm’s strategic positioning and goals.
- Partner with Director of Construction Planning, Project Executives and Pursuit Leads from the beginning of pursuit process to ensure team unity in strategic messaging, standards/process and approach through completion.
- Collaborate with project teams to provide support in the facilitation of interview strategy sessions and develop presentations to empower the team to deliver well-crafted messages.
- Ensure right teams and team members are involved in the proposal and interview process in collaboration operations, preconstruction and project development leadership.
- Maintain Pankow’s image by overseeing the development and maintenance of all brand marketing efforts for both external and internal audiences.
- Oversee all systems and processes related to collateral and database management.
- Review, edit and approve all marketing and communications collateral to ensure the content is compelling and properly conveys Pankow’s brand.
- Develop content for newsletters, brochures, electronic mailers and other materials.
- Support the Director of Culture and Communications to ensure Pankow maintains a single, consistent voice and brand in all of its communication in alignment with long-term marketing and communications plans.
- Develop and manage content of written materials ensuring well-crafted narrative that reflect a fresh and up-to-date message to market, i.e. proposal narrative, press releases, award submittals, presentations, Thought Leadership (website) and social media.
- Provide sound advice and effective communications planning; create and deliver the right messages to the right audiences in the right way at the right time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered
- Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications preferred
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills; must be comfortable and effective interacting with Executive Leadership team
- Requires outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional presentation skills and a high level of comfort communicating with a variety of audiences
- Organization and flexibility are key; drive for results, a high-energy, "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude, and commitment to success are imperative; planning acumen to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated skills as a writer/editor with knowledge to work with a wide range of communications vehicles, including video, PowerPoint, social media tools and electronic publications
- Proficiency in the following software: Adobe Creative Suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Prezi
- Ability to successfully communicate with a broad spectrum of audiences including associates, management, subcontractors, business partners and community groups to reinforce the company’s values, goals and good working relationships
- Good listening skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- 5+ years of progressively responsible communications experience, including direct experience working with senior leaders in support of their communications requirements
- Creative problem solver with superior ability to conceptualize corporate and technical concepts
- Must possess the graphic design, critical thinking and communication skills necessary to help develop and translate storyboarded ideas into concrete visual and word metaphors
Who Are You?
- Likes having more than one ball in the air at once
- Gets along with all and builds consensus among teams—enjoys using that skill to complete projects from A to Z
- You’ve founded things yourself and thrive on the ideation process, with tangible examples to back it up
- You’re used to getting compliments on your communications style—verbal, visual and written