- Provide first-tier help desk function, troubleshooting problems on workstations, peripheral devices, telecommunications, and network connectivity at offices and jobsites.
- Assist Network Administrator/IT Systems Engineer in undertaking preventative maintenance and optimization of network and communications resources (whether internally or externally hosted).
- Assist Network Administrator/IT Systems Engineer in the configuration and deployment of software and hardware pertaining to all workstations, peripheral devices, servers, telecommunications, and network equipment.
- Assist Network Administrator/IT Systems Engineer with compilation and maintenance of documentation for existing technology resources including hardware inventory, network diagrams, and software licenses.
- Facilitating discussions and consensus among project stakeholders such as analysts, data conversion consultants, developers, and internal clients.
- Providing technical leadership and serving as a liaison between end users and existing technology or technology under development to ensure that design standards are met.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing information technology and operational systems and processes.
- Perform frequent user and workstation moves, additions, and changes within offices and jobsites.
- Determining training objectives and developing and teaching IT-related course curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline
Software skills and experience:
- Microsoft Windows 10 – current
- Apple iOS
- Microsoft Office 365 – current
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 – current
- Smartsheet Project Scheduling software or equivalent
- Microsoft Server 2012 – current
- Active Directory including Group Policy Objects
- Server/Desktop patching experience using WSUS 2016
- Microsoft Exchange and O365, Teams
- Database platforms including SQL Server and Oracle
- Familiarity with SANs and NAS
- VMware virtual machine management
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Cisco Phones/Call Manager to apply basic configurations for phones and VM
- Cisco routers/switches and ability to apply basic configurations
- Lenovo desktops/laptops and Dell servers
- AirWatch MDM, MS Intune or equivalent mobile device management
- Bomgar, GoToAssist or equivalent remote desktop support software
- AV and videoconference equipment
Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact productively with cross functional users and teams
Ability to follow through and deliver complex projects to successful completion
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities to be specified
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with an Architecture, Engineering or Construction firm is a plus